The Roofglaze Group prides itself on innovation, leading the way when it comes to product development and quality, which is why we’re looking for a Product Development Engineer to join the Operations Team at Roofglaze Rooflights Ltd.
Product Development Engineer – Roofglaze Rooflights Ltd
Line Manager: Managing Director
For the professional and successful management of rooflight product development to time and budget, whilst ensuring compliance with customer, statutory and Roofglaze’s requirements for health, safety and quality.
As lead Design Engineer, supported by the Flatglass Technical Team, the role will require a hands-on approach; undertaking research, development and design of new products, while also maintaining and improving the current product range.
- The design of new products, as well as supervising all aspects of the manufacture and testing of prototypes.
- Product testing and analysis of test data.
- Assessment of competitors’ product ranges.
- Identification and implementation of product improvements. (This will require a measure of creativity, whilst simultaneously maintaining a tenacious grip on sound engineering principles and practice).
- Assisting technically in the management of the supply chain.
- Ensure products meet stringent industry and International standards.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have gained, or be working towards, IMechE Chartered Engineer status.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a role involving product design, project management, designing and supervising batch manufacturing processes.
- Experience and regular use of a professional-grade 3D CAD system, such as Solidworks (our design department also has a legacy AutoCAD system).
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing processes, such as: casting, forging, injection-moulding, extrusion, laser-cutting and etching, electro-plating and spray-finishing; as well as rapid-prototyping techniques and modern measurement equipment.
- Some electronics and/or computer programming experience.
- Experience of managing type-approvals or a similar compliance framework.
- Background within electrical/mechanical manufacturing and experience of various manufacturing techniques.
- Good knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of surface treatments and painting of metals.
- Experience in dimensional and quality inspection.
- Excellent spoken English and flexible communication skills are required, as you will be interfacing with suppliers and customers of various backgrounds.
- To make controlled changes to manufacture techniques and implementing new product components to aid efficiency, ensuring that the best value for money is achieved on each product.
Salary: £ Negotiable
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org