Roofglaze’s range of Hinged Flatglass rooflights provide you with all the numerous benefits of natural daylight that our Fixed Flatglass units have to offer, but with the added bonus of being able to allow natural ventilation into your building as and when you like.
Our stock Electric Hinged Flatglass rooflights are operated by fully-concealed 230v chain actuators (bespoke 24v options are available on request), whereas the Manual Hinged Flatglass units are operated by a worm gear spindle. As standard, the longest side of each unit is hinged, with a minimum kerb span of 500mm.
For stock sizes of our Hinged Flatglass rooflights, the standard glass specification is as follows:
6mm Heat Soak Tested Toughened Outer / 20mm Argon Filled Cavity / 6mm Low-E Heat Soak Tested Toughened Inner
Please note that Flatglass rooflights can be installed flat, but to avoid water pooling on the rooflight we recommend a minimum pitch of 5° if possible.
Maximum Standard Kerb Sizes (Electric Hinged Flatglass)
- Square: up to 1750mm x 1750mm
- Rectangular: up to 1150mm x 2600mm or 3m2
- For sizes over 3m2, please contact our technical team
- Larger sizes will require multiple, synchronised actuators
Maximum Standard Kerb Sizes (Manual Hinged Flatglass)
- Square: up to 1400mm x 1400mm
- Rectangular: up to 1300mm x 1600mm or 2m2
- A double worm-gear spindle is required for units over 1400mm long
- Various opening pole options are available
- We can supply bespoke glass specifications to meet your project requirements